Thursday, June 5

I'm promising myself right now that I will not be setting foot in a bar this weekend. I have spent the last three nights in one, and can't take less than four hours of sleeps another night.

I had no plans to go out last night, but got a random text yesterday as I was leaving the office. John was in town and had plans to go to dinner with his family and wanted to meet up after. Christy and I ended up meeting up with him at the O Bar. When the hockey game was over, I headed out there. (The very last play of the game was U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E. They were so close to forcing OT, and possibly Game 7.)

First, I don't even remember the last time I'd been to the O Bar. It had to be some time before I even left to OU. Second, there was a kid playing electric guitar and had a setup that allowed him to loop the track, so essentially he was accompanying himself. I'd never seen him around town before, don't even remember his name. But, he was really good. He played a variety of songs, covers, originals...different genres. I meant to ask Les what his name was, but completely forgot about it as the bar was closing down.

With any luck, I will catch up on some sleep this weekend. I had planned on going to OKC to visit. I suck at sticking with plans lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home