Thursday, September 11

things I've done today:

1. Nothing actually related to my profession

2. Acted as the IT person in the office. Seriously, I spent much of the morning setting up the network between the computers in the office and adding a wireless router for the front office because...well, I'm not sure why. I should get a bonus for that. IT guys get paid at least $75 bucks for basic installation, right?

3. Positive note: All the computers are successfully connected and available throughout the network. Negative note: For some unknown reason, the printer connected to the front administrative computer will not work! WHY? It is not hooked up to the network, just the local computer. The network connections had nothing to do with this printer and its connection to the computer...I'm at a loss. The printer is ancient, though. I think it's time for a new one. It's seriously one of the first laser printers that was widely available. I don't think buying a replacement is out of the question...at least that's what I'll be saying when I talk to D later today. lol

4. I've watched the rain fall outside my window for much of the day. I've been watching the street flood bit by bit. Should be a fun drive home. (I hope all you Houston/Gulf residents are prepared and have adequate shelter and provisions!)

5. Listened to Jenny Lewis' cd, Acid Tongue, on her myspace page. I can't get into the falsetto voice she employs on some of the tracks, but overall I really like it.

6. Wondering where Ryan Bingham is going to be this Friday. I don't usually spend time thinking about this...just FYI. I was looking around Craigslist last night and found a posting for Kalf Fry tickets tomorrow. The ad listed the following artists: Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers Band, and Ryan Bingham. Excuse me? I have no idea if that's true or not...but how I hope it is.

From Sara, Heather, Suzy, Steph, Sarah...and everyone else that did it:

I AM…still sleep-deprived.
I WANT…a sleeper couch in my office.
I HAVE…more than I probably need.
I KEEP…thinking about that damn printer up front. It will haunt me until I figure out why it's not working.
I WISH I COULD…turn the thermostat up. It's freezing in here.
I HATE...reading political threads and the inevitable insults that result. What's so wrong with agreeing to disagree?
I FEAR...the coyotes in my parents' yard. They have taken to getting on the roof of the house via the storage shed/trees of mom and dad's next door neighbor. The tree extends over the fences and reaches the roof. The tree's like the Bering Strait or something. The family of foxes were fine. Coyotes...not so much.
I HEAR...The Damnwells' "Texas". It's still one of my favorite songs.
I DON’T THINK...tomorrow night is going to go as planned. There's a 90% chance of rain. FAN-tastic! If they try to cram 4000 people into the covered theater, I'm not going to be happy.
I REGRET…nada. If you changed something, who knows where you'd be now.
I LOVE… good times, detours, my favorite people, thunderstorms, books, laughing at lex and lauryn, the staff at the BL, sleeping in, sneaking out to catch matinée movies, road trips.
I AM NOT…a morning person.
I DANCE… only if forced to do so by Tater. LOL
I SING…pretty much at shows...or to irritate my niece, Lauryn, who has her own theme song.
I NEVER…thought I'd step foot in the Tequila Lounge. However, that's where I'll be in Nov.
I RARELY…see this much rain in a month, much less three days.
I CRY WHEN I WATCH…I don't know. Everwood? "The Gift" or "The Body" episodes from Buffy?
I AM NOT ALWAYS…this much of a slacker at work.
I HATE THAT…I haven't seen some people in a very, very, long time.
I’M CONFUSED ABOUT…that stupid printer.
I NEED…to let the printer thing go.
I SHOULD…make a few phone calls before the day is done.

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger suzy said...

Have fun at Kalf Fry...and I hope you find Bingham! ;-) Although I think it means next weekend's kalf fry at Doug's place.

Hope you figure out the printer problem!

Love you!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger V said...

I think so, too. :( The person that took out that ad on Craigslist should be punished!

I hope I find the root of the problem, too. It's driving me nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home