Sunday, December 28

good decision...

I got home from my quick trip to Dallas a few hours ago. I got to see Heather, Sarah, Jessica and Dawn...and Charlie, Mando Saenz, and Todd Snider. It will be the last show I see in 2008, and I can't think of a better one to round it out with. Sarah and I looked at each other during "Alright Guy" and both said that's the moment of the show tonight. Closing out the second encore with "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" wasn't a bad moment either. I said the same thing last year, and I'm saying it again this year... Todd Snider - probably the best show I saw all year. (That link takes you to the Flickr account of the photographer at the show...go straight to page 2 for the pics)

Hearing Todd Snider sing Alright Guy/I Believe You last night...the closest I can equate it to is hearing Walt Wilkins sing Songs About Texas/Poetry. Hearing the covers isn't quite the same...Todd Snider and Walt Wilkins take you some place completely different.

It was just a bonus getting to see Mando Saenz and Charlie open. I think the crowd had a positive reaction to Charlie's set, and it looks like he picked up a show before the night was over. LOL

I'm ready to leave to Colorado next week, but haven't even begun to gather my things to pack. I just want to be at the Tugboat already...

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger sarah said...

i agree - fabulous decision! i thoroughly enjoyed my first todd snider experience, and i really wish i got to see you more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home