Monday, December 1

stupid sore throat

I'm sitting at home when I thought I'd be in Denton seeing two Brauns and Stoney. Not exactly the ending to the weekend I'd wished for...

The holiday "break" was just a series of one thing after another, not much of a break. We had a great time Saturday at the Tech/Baylor game. However, I'm sure that's why I'm sitting here now instead of being at the show with everyone. The weather was fantastic the first half and was bone-chilling at the beginning of the 3rd.

The game was much better than I thought it would be. I was positive it would be a blowout by the half. Good for Baylor. Robert Griffin was amazing. The runs he made, the tackles he was able to evade...it was a joy to watch. Admittedly, it was so much fun to watch because I really didn't have a rooting interest in the game. I was more worried about the game later that night. (And, yes, I wore my OU shirt to the Tech game.)

We hit the anniversary party for a few hours. I made two trays of jello shots and didn't get to have a single one! I made up for that at the next party stop. We arrived at the house and the drinking began immediately. The game was in the 3rd, card games in the dining room, a lotto/drinking game for everyone in the house, and seeing friends and family...it was a good time. I am fairly sure I cleared at minimum a dozen jello shots. The number of beers consumed is unclear. I stayed away from my vodka sours, so no pain this morning. Well, no paid aside from a mildly irritating scratchy throat.

That scratchy throat escalated by the early afternoon to a low-grade fever and just feeling crappy. I made the hard decision to not make the drive to the show. I didn't want it to get worse or infect anyone else. I have a hearing set for Wednesday that I'd really like to dispose of without delay. Plus, Tuesday night Randy/Wade/Cody are in town for the More Acoustic Healing Tour and Wednesday RK is in town. I am crossing my fingers that I will be feeling better by then.

Originally, I'd planned for half a day off tomorrow but I think I'll take the entire day and rest up. Aside from a few calls, I don't have anything I need to go in to the office to complete.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and has a great week ahead.

OH YEAH - YAY for the Sooners! Thanks to their great play late in the season, they are headed to the Big 12 Championship game this coming weekend against Missouri.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Heather said...

We missed you at the show in Denton... but I'd rather you feel better fast. And I'm J.E.A.L.O.U.S. of your music this week. Super jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home