Monday, December 22

what I thought would be a slow week...

What I thought would be a slow week is now, apparently, going to be filled with drafting documents. I am working today, tomorrow...and Wednesday is somewhat up in the air. (I'm thinking no...and I'll continue to press the issue.) Wednesday is the big family day for us. Most of the the family gatherings don't happen until the evening, but the office doesn't really have to know that. At least I'm working on an adoption. There are no ill-feelings involved in this one, and everyone involved will be better off in the end.

Recap of Saturday night:

I was to meet up with everyone at Fox & Hound to watch the Cowboys game. Just FYI: I hate NFL games. I have no interest in the Cowboys, or any other team for that matter. The only reason I have any sort of insight as to the team records and players is based on who I watched play in college and listening to my PTI podcasts and reading Deadspin. So, as you can imagine, I really didn't want to sit in a bar for four hours watching a game in which I had no interest. I could just flip back and forth on the tv at home for score updates, and to see how much longer it would be before I needed to head out to Wild West.

Instead of Fox & Hound, I watched Hockey Night in Canada...much more interesting. I saw the Penguins get slaughtered, but somehow manage to come away looking like a good team.

Finally, it was time to head to Wild West to see Jason Boland & the Stragglers!

The plan was to meet up for the show after the Dallas game. Yeah. I was alone at the bar for a good hour/ninety minutes. Oh well, I don't really mind. I brought in a few toys for the annual toy drive and waited for the band to take the stage. They were fantastic. I don't remember Jason ever sounding or looking better. I really missed seeing/hearing him. This was the first show I'd been to since the acoustic run last Christmas season. I think I heard everything I could have asked for, save for "Mary". The crowd was into the show, too. I wasn't sure what to expect with school out. The only drawback? No Brad f-ing Rice... I hope he has a speedy recovery. I can't wait to see them again at Steamboat. I believe mP said they're playing the Grand. That makes me happy. I'll take the Grand over the Tent any day.

* I forgot about the greatness that is "Big Shot Rich Man" live. It always reminds me of Becky's imitation of Jason. LOL

* Attending the show Saturday night was a bridal party. Nothing unusual there... Oh, wait. The bride and groom are here, too! I just wish I'd heard the conversation between them when plans for the wedding night were discussed.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas and then taking a small trip to Dallas to see Heather, Charlie and Todd Snider. Should be a good one!

I hope you have a great holiday! Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home