Monday, November 24

Quick summary of the weekend:
* Quiet Friday night
* Gameday!
* Twilight

I traveled back to Norman last weekend. It was great to be back. There were new buildings, new bars, restaurants, but it still felt like home.

I spent the majority of the weekend with close friends and their families. We spent some time on campus and the majority of the afternoon on Campus Corner. I missed Beth, which I am sad about. She was at La Luna and we were at Victoria's...literally steps away. Ridiculous. I crossed paths with some friends and one pop singer unexpectedly. ;) I allowed Curt's aunt to pour a few of my drinks...I couldn't breathe after the first sip. I'm glad Curt had the same reaction...I thought I might be the weak one. Jamie, as always, was a great hostess. It was great to see her with Ellie and to spend the day hearing about what's going on with her.

We were joined by Jamie a little later in the afternoon, after what seems like an inordinate number of changes to our plans. I was avoiding texts asking where we were because I don't think I was ready to subject myself to 4 hours at one of the tailgate parties. We made it there eventually, just an hour and a half or so prior to kickoff. It was fantastic to see everyone...I just didn't have the energy to spend all afternoon there. I think everyone was stunned by how lopsided the game was at halftime. The entire town was buzzing. It was freezing, but other than that, the night was perfect.

Sunday we met up at Jamie's and had lunch then headed to see Twilight. I've read how some of you guys felt over on GW. I liked it. In fact, I'll be going to see it again with my sister and some cousins. The only thing I had to put out of my mind was how obvious it was that RPattinson studied at the James Dean school of acting to prepare for the role. I mean, really, if you've seen Rebel Without A Cause recently it's a little hard to ignore. I read a few comments on entertainment sites stating something similar...so, at least I know I'm not crazy. Ultimately, it didn't detract from the movie. As the story unfolded, the performance improved. I walked away having enjoyed it. The only casting I took issue with was Rosalie. Everyone else I found to fall in line with what I'd imagined while reading the books. There could have been more Emmett and Jasper, but there's always a sacrifice when a book is adapted into a movie.

Things from the weekend:
* How DARE they?!
* Everyone here is so civil...
* Harrell wears Jorts
* I Dreamed It...In My Head...we would lose
* This is Crazy!!!
* His chariot finally arrived?
* Phone book
* Tech That
* Green Man
* JB: I do like him.
JW: Yeah...ya think?! hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home