Monday, August 28

the worst part of the job...

Taking a kid to speak with a judge in their chambers about his/her living arrangement...translation: do you want to live w/mom or dad?

I can't imagine how hard that is for a child. The general concerns of every kid I've ever had to deal with in such matters are always the same. Will my mom and dad be in the room? What's he going to ask me? Do I have to go on the stand? Who else is going to be in the room? Will they tell my mom/dad what I said?

Ugh, the best thing I can tell them is to just tell the truth. Easy for me to say, I don't have to ride home or visit an upset parent, should the judge not rule in their favor.

It's times like these when I really wish the parties involved would get over themselves and see what they are doing to their kids.
____________________________________________________

I'm currently watching Agassi play Pavel on the first night of the U.S. Open. Part of me wants Agassi to pull out the win, but it's not looking great for him right now, down 4-1 in the 3rd set (they split the first two sets). And in that short time, Agassi is now at 5-4 in the 3rd..pretty impressive.
____________________________________________________

Don't know if anyone else watched Entourage last night...but with the exception of the episode following their trip to the Valley, the finale was my favorite. Vince vs. Ari: Would Vince go for the kill or would he forgive and forget?



I thought it was excellent...and cannot wait for next season.

Jessica just informed me that MMC will be in Lubbock next week...woo-hoo!!! I guess I didn't HAVE to go see them in Dallas last weekend after all...but I'm not complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home