Monday, November 13

Sunday blues...

I'm kinda blue that it's Sunday. My MMC weekend is over.

Thursday night was just what I needed. I love that the Charlie Shafter Band always has fun on stage, no matter what the crowd is like. There was a good turnout and a great setlist. Charlie covered everything from Bob Dylan to Eminem. I learned that my tolerance is at an all-time low that night, as well. This was put to the test again, Saturday night.

Friday - half a day at work and I achieved nothing I'd planned. No Borat, no afternoon nap and no lunch with my sister. I ended up spending some time with my mom and dad, and then set out to find a car. I ended up making an unexpected drive to my aunt and uncle's house to drop off my cousin, Dione. She's such a funny girl. She's a freshman in high school and is having the usual problems with boys/mean girls and her parents. She talked my ear off the entire 1/2 hour ride; I love hearing her stories and seeing the pictures/crafts she's made that week in school.

After stopping in for a while, I came back home and headed for Amarillo to see MMC. First of all, there was about a 25-30 degree difference in temperature from the time Jess and I got in the car to when we pulled into the parking lot. Holy moly, it was freezing...and there was a line to get in. Good for MMC, not so good for us. We waited a few minutes for the line to die down (it didn't). Standing in line, we noticed how many "cowboys" were in attendance...and that MMC had already begun to play! Augh! Every show I've been to there starts at eleven. We missed about 4 songs, I'd say. The show was good, the crowd was lame. It's not good that we got there late and everyone of them smiled and gave a nod when they saw us at the front of the crowd (because there was no one there to begin with). Joseph was gracious enough to give me one of his cds; and we left anticipating the show the following night.

So, Saturday morning began with me buying a new car. I bought the exact same car I was already driving, just the '07 model in a slightly darker color. I love it! Like Joseph said, I found something I like, why change it? hahaha

Started off Saturday night with drinks at the house with Manuel and Jessica. We headed out to the Blue Light, good crowd considering Boland's just down the street. Much better show, a lot of fun. My only complaint: they didn't play long enough (but, really, when do I ever think they have?). Talking with Micky afterwards, he was laughing at me and said that I seemed to be everywhere. For about the tenth time, he asked where I lived. Some random guy came up to him while we were talking and asked, "So, are you coming to my house or what?!" Micky, looking dazed and slightly scared, said, "Probably not." HAHA! Then, the guy said, "You don't even know what I have to offer!" First, is that something one guy says to another...and second, the look on Micky's face was priceless! He was just telling me that they were staying in town and that RK would be rolling through town around 7, Sunday morning. He was hoping to jump on the bus and kick someone out of their bunk. I don't think I'll see them again until Steamboat, and that makes me sad.

I made a stop at Wild West to drop off some toys for the Stragglers' annual toy drive. I had to loiter outside the bus a bit until Jason came outside. Looked like they had quite a turn out, and he said it was a pretty good show. Maybe I'll catch one before year's end.

I believe I'll head out to the Blue Light for Charlie's open mic night, tonight. I hope the week flies by, so I can see the other Braun brothers, Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home