Friday, May 11

Stoney...


We made the drive south to see Stoney LaRue last night. OH! I hadn't seen him since Steamboat. Prior to that, I hadn't seen his full band show since last April. That's hard to cope with when I was used to seeing him on a regular basis while in school and then pretty much every 6 weeks here. I don't know if something/someone offended him here...but we sure do miss him. The DVD just isn't the same.

The best aspect of the show was that it was apparent they were all having a great time. I hadn't seen a show with David on drums. I really liked it. The crowd surprised me. Not many knew much besides "One Chord Song" and "Oklahoma Breakdown," but you could tell they would be back to see his show whenever he comes back around.

Ryan James was also in Midland, for a private event. They were hanging around the bar after the show. Good to see them again so soon.

The plan is to go see Boland tonight, that might be changing. Macon Greyson is down the block, or I may just sleep. It's been a long week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home