Sunday, July 15

I was cleaning out some things from my room tonight, and came across an issue of Rolling Stone from December 11, 2003. It really is true that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Here's a sampling of some of the stories in the issue: Bush's assault on the environment; discussion of Dennis Kucinich; musicians seeking to oust Bush; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as the top album of all time. There were a few things that made me laugh. Like the letters to the editor, for the most part. In the previous issue, RS had declared The Strokes as the next big thing/saviors of rock. I just wish I could contact the people who'd written those letters and see if they felt the same now...or even 6 months later. There was also an absence of things I've grown accustomed to, like emo and American Idol.

_________________________________________________________

If you're at all interested in the latest Harry Potter movie, go see it. My only problem with the movie was the diminished role of Ron Weasley. He's my favorite of the three main characters. The story dwells on isolation and the realization that it's okay rely on others. The movie is darker than the earlier films, but I think that's expected. Each story has grown progressively darker than the last.

There are no other movies being released this summer, other than Superbad, that I'm interested in seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home