Wednesday, July 11

Suffering through a lack of shows in the area, I've turned to listening to some new music and old favorites. The Motorcars have been making the hours at the office fly. Jason Isbell's cd is quickly becoming a favorite. I've also started to love Wilco's Sky Blue Sky.

Spoon's new cd, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, came out yesterday. Texas Music magazine was pretty harsh in their review, so I was on the fence as to whether I'd buy it. Well, I just saw them perform on Letterman, and have decided that I'm going to have to get it. Their songs are definitely infectious...

Tomorrow night, I'll be watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'm hoping to convince others that we must stop at Cafe J to see Charlie play. This is a different venue for him, so I'm interested in how the show/performance will go. Heads up, Fort Worth! Charlie will be playing at Woody's on September 1...

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Did somebody say "infectious"?

Telephone rings, who can it be
I said, "Maybe, it's my baby..."


You can thank me later!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger V said...

GAH! Just when I forget about it...someone brings it back up!

Well done, Sara.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I think I might be a tentative GO for Sept. 1.. the Vegas girls will be in town for the Red Dirt Round up and Rebs' birthday!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger V said...

HEY! I think I am a definite GO for Sept 1. I can't NOT go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home