Monday, July 30

nice weekend "home"

I had a great time back in Norman and Oklahoma City this weekend. I got in late Friday after wandering through the streets of OKC (I somehow spaced on J's address) and then found my way to the house. I found them all in the backyard by the pool. We drank, played games, and saw a girl potentially destroy her career. The night was going great and then took a quick turn downhill... It was crazy, I don't think I've ever seen anyone go from buzzed to incomprehensible drunk in such a short time. It was nuts.

Saturday was pretty quiet, which was fine with me. We had dinner at my favorite, Victoria's, and then caught a movie. We went to see Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix (yeah, again), still loved it. Driving through downtown OKC, there were a lot of new buildings/restaurants. I guess it has been a while since I'd spent some real time there.

Sunday began with pretty much a 2-3 hour "brunch" in the sweltering heat. It was decided that we had to train to be on VH1's World Series of Pop Culture next year. The grilled chicken sandwich was fantastic and everyone else enjoyed the unlimited mimosas (I abstained, champagne is not my friend)... One last mimosa turned into four or five, and before I knew it, it was 2:15. The baby shower was a lot of fun, the bar was stocked, and I got to see some old friends/friends' parents that I hadn't seen in about three years. Rob entertained me with some stories from Vegas. I'm so glad I put a ban on phone calls from them when they go on their Vegas trips.

A trip to Houston is in the cards for this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing some Texas friends this week...and a nap after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home