Monday, October 29

I had a great weekend. Friday kicked off with some drinks at my sister's house, and then it was off to see RRB. I watched from behind the stage because my usual spot upstairs was occupied and I couldn't/wouldn't deal with the crowd down in front. I love the view from behind the stage, you can see people lose it when the band starts "their" song, funny faces from Randy, and out-of-control drunk people.

I opted to head home somewhat early, because there was no way I was going to sleep in and miss RK in the morning. I woke up at 8:30, giving me 1/2 an hour to drive to the campus and find a parking spot on gameday. It was my lucky day. I got a great spot one block over and the guys were barely exiting the bus when I got to the lot. I am SO glad I went, even if it was a little cold out. They played what seemed to be all my favorites. My favorite thing from the set was Willy and his pleas to the crowd. He was practically begging for whiskey from anyone in the lot, and said he hadn't been up that early since Scooby-Doo was canceled.

I'll be seeing the other set of Braun boys this weekend. MMC is back at the Blue Light (Charlie Shafter Band opens for them...YAY YAY YAY), and I'm hoping Micky's memory sucks. He made us promise to stand front and center at the BL if they came back to play shows there... Here's hoping that a good crowd shows, and we have company in front of the stage.

Friday night, I finally get to see Mike McClure again. I cannot wait, I'm not sure if it's just him or the band. Either way, I'm happy.

Before all that happens, though, I have two briefs due, a few guilty pleas, and a settlement conference to attend. It's going to be a long week.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Junie B said...

My favorite thing from the set was Willy and his pleas to the crowd. He was practically begging for whiskey from anyone in the lot, and said he hadn't been up that early since Scooby-Doo was canceled.

Oh my goodness, I just lost it on that one....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home