Friday, March 7

well, well, well

A friend came into town this week and we went out tonight to the Blue Light. Lots of fun, and I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow morning...however, I did learn some exciting news.

My childhood/elementary/middle/junior high/high school/college friend, Gordon, will be playing pedal steel for Shooter Jennings! I can't explain how awesome this is for him. That link on the side of the page for Periodic Label is one of his projects. He also has a band, Smyer. You can find them through Periodic Label and on myspace. I'm very excited for him and hope he has a great experience on the tour.

John, Christy and I went out to the Blue Light to see the Kyle Bennett Band. I gotta say, I was hoping for a Charlie show somewhere in town, but we had a good time. The guys in the band were also very nice and chatty afterwards. I must say, I already miss my regular partner in outings, Jessica. She'll be doing clinicals in Ft. Worth over the next few week and is finishing up finals right now. The RT shows won't be the same...lol.

Christy told me some stories that had me gasping for breath from laughing so much. I don't think it mattered much where we were, we would have had a good time regardless.

It was great to see John, it had been at least half a year or so... I talk to him regularly, and Dawn...he said you guys did not scare him off, he just hasn't been able to get away. He absolutely will be out to see his brother at the Granada at the end of this month.

I'm so ready for the weekend, it's ridiculous.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I just KNEW this post was going to be about Stoney!


*DRINK*

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger V said...

sorry to disappoint...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home