Friday, June 20

I spent two nights out at the Blue Light this week. Tuesday for Charlie...and a film crew. Last night for Macon Greyson.

Tuesday night, we headed out late to the bar, thinking that by the time we get there Charlie will be on stage. We couldn't have been more wrong. We walk in and some random people greet us at the door with a general release form. They are filming in the bar. Fine...but is Charlie still playing? I'm assured that yes, he will be playing. We sign and walk over.

The heat radiating off these lights is ridiculous. Ryan messes up my drink order, Charlie is nowhere near the stage, and the night is not getting off to a good start. Charlie spots us and signals us over. He says he should be going on soon...or so he hopes, it's already 11:20. Cut to midnight - another band is on stage playing songs from the 70s. That's all well and good...but we came to see Charlie play.

He doesn't go on stage until 12:48. Yes, I noted the time...because I was ready to leave at this point and was of the mind that he should leave as well. He ended up singing 10 songs...3 of which were the same. We did have a good time though, with the exception of being called out from the stage, but I expected it.

Thursday night - Macon Greyson
STORMING outside... The crowd was small, but the band was GREAT. When Buddy said I want to that everyone for coming out, he meant it. He literally came around to everyone afterwards to thank them for coming out the show. LOL I just love that they sound different than any other band I regularly listen to. They don't have as many fans as some bands, but that has no effect on the show they put on.

Tonight, McClure's in town...you know that will be a great show. Tomorrow, I'll probably spend watching Weeds, Season 3 from Netflix. Sunday - Randy & Wade finally come to town. I cannot wait to see them!


______________________

I could not hate this story more: US asks to rewrite detainee evidence

Are you kidding me??? I'll stop now.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Color me jealous about Mac! Have fun, you barfly you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home