Tuesday, June 17

lazy days...

My workload has consisted of nothing but letters, phone calls, reading, and drafting these past few days. I don't know what to do with all the free time. I considered not coming into the office today, but don't want to take too many days off with Idaho looming. Maybe I'll call it an early day.

I watched two movies this weekend, The Happening and Son of Rambow. I loved Son of Rambow. I didn't hate The Happening, but I didn't love it either. Generally, I'm a fan of M. Night. However, the movie was so straightforward, so simplistic. If there's another layer to it, it was completely lost on me. The movie devolved into a comedy, mainly due to the stunted dialogue and acting...and I like Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel. I thought the set up was good, creepy...just no follow-through. Son of Rambow was a lot of fun. The premise seemed a little similar to that of Be Kind, Rewind, but it was so much more entertaining.

Is it wrong that I want to keep the birthday present I got my dad? I bought him and mom tickets to the Willie Nelson/Pat Green show that's in town on July 2. It's been so long since I've seen either of them.

8 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger sarah said...

nope. not a bad thing. i would want to do the same thing!

and i love you and miss you and i need to see you and some braun brothers soon. just because it's always the most entertaining with you for some reason... haha.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger V said...

Hahaha! I'm not sure why that is the case. ;)

I love and miss you, Sarah. I am thinking MMC at Gilley's in July? Thinking about it...I think I can. I think I can.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger sarah said...

if you can, i think i can. let me knowwww. : )

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

hmmm....Gilleys, MMC, and V.....I think you can, I think you can too :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so, since you and I share a brain when it comes to TV shows, I'm going to trust the same is true for movies. I'll wipe The happening off of the queue.

Keep the tickets! Get him a tie instead. He NEEDS a tie.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger V said...

LOL - We do share the same brain in more than the TV department, because that thought has definitely crossed my mind.

Save The Happening for Netflix. You won't feel as bad sending it back in the envelope than I did walking out of the theater.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good gift, can you go with them????

Maureen

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger V said...

I *may* be going...and no, I'm not taking dad's tickets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home