Thursday, June 26

ugh

I'm so bored at work, and apparently, it shows. The main attorney in the office came by to ask if I'd do some research on an appeal for him and said, "Wow, you look like you could fall asleep any second." So true. I haven't been out to an actual hearing in at least ten days. I haven't been to mediation in over a week. I had one scheduled Monday; I was looking forward to a change of scenery, but we worked out a deal beforehand.

Now, I don't foresee having anything outside the office in the upcoming weeks, due to settlements, continuances and scheduling orders. I'm doing the research for D, reviewing transcripts for a few briefs, and searching a jury trial transcript with a fine tooth comb for any point to justify a new trial. The jury trial only details a few hundred pages...yeah, I barely got to page 70.

I get sleepy just thinking about going into the office tomorrow. That is not good. I've talked myself into taking off Friday and probably hanging out around the house. Saturday is Becky's baby shower in L-town. I'm going to make a dash from the shower to the services for Ismael. It's not really shaping up to be a relaxing weekend...

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Renee said...

How in the world did I miss that Becky is pregnant!?! How exciting!!!

I miss you V!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger V said...

LOL! I'm not sure, Renee. I miss you, too. Hopefully, I'll see you before the summer's over.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sis's eggo is preggo???? Did not know that!!!! You're almost an Aunt V!

Maureen

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should really consider working tomorrow and taking a half day Monday & Tuesday. I'm just sayin'...

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger V said...

Maureen - I'll be an aunt 3 times over. This will be the first nephew, though. My dad is VERY ready for a boy.

Suzy - That *may* happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home