Monday, July 28

weekend wrap-up

Friday night, I crashed. I did absolutely nothing. There wasn't really much I had planned for the weekend. I thought about going to see Step-Brothers, but never made it to the theater. I think I just ended up watching a few episodes of Spaced that were on the DVR. Oh, I was also entertained by text messages from Nikki and her run in with a Knight look-a-like at the bar, and Kathy V's call for "Snake Farm".

Saturday, I worked on an Order that has to be sent in for review Monday morning. That ate up much of the day. I spent much of the remaining afternoon looking for the phone charger to my old cellphone. My cousin, Josh, lost his and was looking for a replacement. I told him he was welcome to the phone, but I had no luck finding the charger. I hope he can find one at best buy or something, if not he's out of luck.

Jessica and I ended up heading out early to the marina at Buffalo Springs to see Charlie. We called ahead and were told that the show would begin at 8:00. Okay, we always take these start times with a grain of salt. This time we should have listened. (oops) Anyway, we got there maybe 1/2 an hour later than they went on...and stuck out like sore thumbs. We were the only people there who hadn't just come off a boat. (Not many people wearing jeans in the crowd...) It was a nice little place, and I would go see them there again. The sound wasn't the best, but I wasn't expecting it to be top-notch at an outdoor venue. Highlight for Charlie: his dog got to see him play for the first time. He said, "He always sees us packing up our things and then we head out, leaving him behind. Now, he sees where we go and what we're doing." LOL

The venue didn't live up to my Spongebob expectations (no crabby patties, Maureen). However, if I'd been thinking, I would have snapped some pictures of the menu. They had these bizarre/hilarious cartoon depictions of some of the items. The baked potato was CLASSIC.

I slept in this morning and went back to work on the Order. I think I only have a few more hours to put in on the brief this week, and I'm done with the big things before leaving to Idaho. I cannot wait, and I know this week will drag on and on and on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home