Tuesday, July 29

I would really like to FFwd to the weekend

I am whiling away hours at the office doing small documents that fail to eat up much time. I cleared all the big stuff out of the way and grow increasingly bored as the afternoon stretches on. It looks like the Blue Light may be in my future, which also means I'll be coming in late tomorrow. I'm counting down to a little Idaho preview with the Motorcars this weekend. :)

I can't wait to leave the office next Tuesday and board a plane for Dallas. Then, onto Idaho early the next morning!

Last night, my niece talked me into watching a few minutes of the Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers concert in 3-D that she had saved on the DVR. How do I get that time back? Sitting in mom and dad's living room, wearing 3-D glasses? LOL Lauryn, though, loved every second of it.

Today, I learned that the public library has audiobooks and videos available for download through their site. How great is that? You don't even have to go to the library...you just need your PIN and can access it all from wherever you are. Awesome.

I've become addicted to the spreeder.com application. I read all the big BBC stories this morning with this thing in record time. I figured reading comprehension would suffer and I'd end up having to read it again...but the human brain's capability surprised me. I would never use the application when reading books that I enjoy. I like going back and reading my favorite parts, or taking weeks to finish the last few chapters of a book. It's great for reading news and the like, though.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to ffwd to November! :)

You will never get that time back...I would have paid to see you watching that!

By the way, who is the new state rep of OK? haha!

~Becky

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger V said...

HAHAHA!

Not Curt.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this spreeder? I'll have to look it up.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger V said...

You copy and paste whatever it is you want to read (i.e., news article); Set the speed (words per minute, I think the default is 350) to your liking; press play.

You think there's no way I can do this the first time around...but I love it, now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home