Friday, September 19

woo-hoo! friday!

I've been pretty bored all week at work, or just plain disgusted. Neither of those is a good thing.

Things going on this week:

* New nephew! Nolan was born Monday night. You can see pics here.
* Obsession with the Jonathan Tyler & Northern Lights cd. I've had it for at least 4 months, but am just now giving it much attention.
* Trying to avoid listening to the audio from some interviews. I just can't detach my feelings from the situation enough. I had to shut it off after 33 minutes yesterday. That leaves another 2.5 hours. I guess that's what I'll do tomorrow just to get it over with.
* Decided once and for all that I do not have the stomach for criminal law.
* Family law presented a problem this afternoon, too. Sometimes things just really suck for all sides. If everyone could take a step back and see that there's a reasonable compromise underneath all the hurt, it would be so much better.
* Welcome distractions: The Bonnie Hunt Show, the return of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (so wrong, so funny...I was crying earlier tonight from laughing).

Tomorrow I'll be cutting out of work an hour or two early to hit the road to see the baby. I'm looking for something to do this weekend...woody's? manchaca? nada? It will definitely be a game time decision.

I hope that the people affected in the Houston/Gulf area see some sort of return to their normal lives.

7 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger suzy said...

My vote is for Manchaca!! But I think you already know that...

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger V said...

Surprise! LOL

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

I think some of us will be at Gilley's for Wade Bowen. Not sure how close that is to where you are going...but Woody's is in Ft. Worth, so I just kinda thought....

And OH that Nephew is so cute!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger V said...

I forgot about WB at Gilley's. Decisions, decisions.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'll be at Gilley's too. I'd love to trek to Woody's but apparently JB went and made plans for us to meet a bunch of friends at Gilley's already so I was overridden!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger mmk8007 said...

Nolan is adorable, I love his little hands in the first picture!

What is this Philadelphia show? And OMG, did you see the season finale of Weeds???? Just watched it On Demand today. I love me some Nancy Botwin!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger V said...

I haven't seen it yet! I have it waiting for me.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...on F/X, Thursday nights. I'm sure they re-air all the time. This is the fourth season...but believe me, you need no backstory. They aren't a serial, every episode can stand alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home