Sunday, October 26

I headed out to the Blue Light to meet Jessica for Ryan James' show. We had a great time...and so did he. Hahaha! RJ's onstage comments were priceless. The place was packed, great crowd out to see the show. I ran into a few unexpected people out in front and then walking around trying to get to the game room. Afterward, we looked at some baby pics and checked some dance moves. This was almost as entertaining as the show itself. The only downside of the show? Ryan behind the drums = No Ryan dancing while covering "Pink Cadillac"! 

Saturday morning, I woke up entirely too early. I picked up Jessica early in the afternoon to go to the wedding. Veronica looked great and Manuel looked equal parts nervous and giddy. Jessica and I were commenting on how we hoped he didn't lock his knees up there. The weather was beautiful, the wind held up until they made their exit from the church. 

We headed to the reception downtown and followed the final minutes of the Texas game via iphone and blackberry updates. The last 49 seconds were painful. My nieces and Ben entertained us for the remainder of the reception. Ben's hypothetical toast would have played great in front of their high school crowd. If only he didn't censor himself. 

The plan for Saturday night was to head out to the Daiquiri Lounge to see Benn's band. First, I had to stop off by the bookstore. I get a call, asking where I am...there's drinking going on. This leads to the following text message exchange:

Eric: Where are you?
Me: Bookstore on a Saturday night. Woo!
Eric: Bookstore?! You better bring your ass!
Me: Yeah, yeah...I'll meet y'all there

OK - I fully intended to go. I made the mistake of stopping at my sister's house. What can I say?Her yawns were contagious! I left her place a little before 11. I came to the intersection and chose to turn right instead of left towards the bar. That led to even more text messages throughout the night. I. was. beat. 

I haven't done much of any consequence today. I'm looking forward to this week, though...another trip looming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home