Monday, October 6

Odds & Ends

- Becky and Brady took Nolan this weekend to 'sit' for some pictures. Avery took the photographs, and they came out great. You can go to Photography by Avery to see the pics. Nolan's pics are in the first post on the page.

- Remember all that rain a few weeks back, when the stadium (along with other things) was flooded? Well, the result has been a boom in the mosquito population. I cannot wait for the first freeze!

- As I drove to Denton last week, I took highway 114. It's much shorter than taking the interstate and I wasn't in a real hurry. I was passing through all these little towns that are still left with entire fields of standing water. I have no idea what the recoup time is for something like that, or what the long-term effect will be. I was astonished at how many 'lakes' I came across driving 114. I did see a huge statue of a gorilla out in the middle of one of these new lakes...bizarre, to say the least.

- Bambi almost killed me driving to Denton. I'd forgotten about it until the next day. I was somewhere between Seymour and Decatur. The car in the oncoming lane flashed its brights, I guess to call my attention to the deer. Well, the only thing they succeeded in doing was calling my attention to their lights. Then I flash back to the roadway in front of me to *just* miss the backside of the deer. Too close...minor panic attack...all was good by the time I got to Denton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home