Tuesday, October 28

one week...

Can I just say how glad I am that this election season is in the home stretch? Try as I might, I still read some comments incredulously. It's not the attacks on substantive matters, it's the debasing of others with generalizations and personal attacks. 7 days...

____________________________

After reading Ryan's latest post, I began wondering when did I first hear Ryan Bingham? I can't remember. It's been a few years. I remember a day in the parking lot of the Starplex (or whatever it was called back then) with everyone and Wishbone Saloon making an appearance. How long ago was that? I get my PG concerts confused...I can't distinguish the big Dallas/Houston shows anymore in my mind. I do remember seeing Stoney play the VIP tent that day. I'm almost positive that was the Dallas show.

Anyhow, I want to say that it was just before then that I actually became aware of his music. I'm sure it was through Joni at one of the Clubhouse Concerts. I have vivid memories of a more recent Clubhouse Easter Sunday concert (2005) with Randy and Brady playing...and who should happen to be at the show? Ryan and Stoney. That was a great show.

Even though I can't quite remember the specifics of it all, I have great memories of past shows/encounters with his music. Just this past week they re-aired the appearance on Late Night. Today, he'll be recording his appearance on Austin City Limits. That's quite a leap from the show at The Spoon here in LBK.

7 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Basco said...

My very first Bingham was Cain's Ballroom, Nov 2007. He opened for the Truckers, had never heard one note of his music. Ah-May-ZING!!! I think I drooled on myself. :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My first Bingham? He opened for RK in Park City a couple of years ago when his van broke down here on the way to Cali. I was smitten immediately :)

And you've been reading that ugliness on Galley, haven't you? It's been...appalling. "My opinion counts more than yours because I can yell louder and prove I'm more stupid." Hmmph.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger V said...

Drooling/smitten... I guess that's the normal reaction.

Amalia - Guilty. I have started to avoid clicking on anything that might have a political theme at all.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Heather said...

My first Bingham show was definitely at a Clubhouse Concert show... when it was still in the apartment clubhouse even. I think it was back in 2002. He hasn't gotten rid of me since. ;) ha!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sadly, V, it made it into the World Series thread today.

WHAT is the world coming to?

Are we the only sane people?

:)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger V said...

LOL - Are they questioning what McCain v Obama would have done differently re: the "rain delay"?

Baseball makes me so mad sometimes... that game clearly should have been called.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Basco said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one ho has been completely avoiding GW lately. :(

My new love it twitter! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home