Wednesday, November 5

weekend on I-35

Technically, I guess my weekend bled into early Monday morning, but whatever...the 15+ hours spent in the car were completely worth it.

Friday night in the Depot District can be summed up in one word: Ridiculous.

Saturday: I woke up early to head out to Dallas for Sara's baby shower. I got to see some of my favorite people for a few hours. Thanks to Heather and Cori for a great setting, and I hope Sara enjoyed the afternoon...because I know the night didn't turn out as she'd hoped. (Sorry, Sara! Well, you know, not really.) Bonus - I got to see Jocelyn's wound. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd pictured in my head after reading the tweets. Thank goodness.

Next up? Waco. I would be meeting with Sarah at my sister's house. To pass the time, I talked with Rob and my sister, Monica. Rob was as entertaining as always and I need to find time to visit. Monica was amped up for the game, and shooting verbal daggers at family members who dared root for Tech...not even the kids were spared from this. LOL I got to Becky and Brady's about an hour or so before Sarah, so hung out with them for a while. We watched whatever college football game was on and the beginning of the Texas/Tech game.

Sarah arrived and we headed for New Braunfels. Amber ended up meeting us at Gruene Hall for the Motorcars' first headlining show there. The show was perfect. There was a good, responsive crowd out. The good music mixed with the texts updating the score of the OU/Nebraska and Texas/Tech games made for a great night. I think Rebs' were the most entertaining... (Alas, no tequila at Gruene Hall.) It was nice to see a good crowd out for MMC, nicer to just say hi...I feel like I haven't seen them in a LONG time. Random stories, ripping down posters and being the last few left in the bar, as usual...

Lunch with Suzy on Sunday and back out on the road for the benefit in Waco. Sarah, Nikki and I stopped in at Becky and Brady's before heading to the show. Nikki didn't get her wish for baby-time, but we had fun. The show itself was definitely worth the price of admission. I would have paid that for the opening set featuring Stoney and Randy. A little trouble with the lyrics for RR at one point, but I think the candy made up for it. Hahaha! Wade's set was great. I haven't seen a full band show in months. They played a great mix of old and new. CCRW then took the stage. What can I say? It was fantastic to see them with a crowd of a few hundred people (if that). I loved every second of it...they were joined at some point or another by RR, Stoney, Rodney Pyeatt, WB and Wade's dad, Jim. Sarah and I left as the encore was starting. No doubt it was great, but I did have a long drive ahead of me.

The best thing about the weekend was getting to see everyone and meet some new people.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger sarah said...

thank you so much for everything this weekend! i had a GREAT time. saturday was a fabulous show, and alas, i still love them even if they were lame yesterday. ; )

and i agree, sunday was well worth it, even if i've been paying for it for most of the week. haha.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger V said...

Totally...haha! I'm guessing you went ahead and decided to remove the stitches yourself, right?

It was great to see you, too!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took them out a couple nights ago. I still can't figure out why anyone would want to go to the dr for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home