Tuesday, June 30

well...

When I actually upload pictures, I'll post about the trip to Chicago and Concan.

This week, I am driving around in a rental car and wondering if I'll go to ATX/NB for the weekend. I want to get out of town, but don't really want to be packed in RRIH with everyone for the Boland show. Same story for Seguin. I guess we'll see how the rest of the week plays out.

I think I'm going to see Away We Go tonight. I've been looking forward to seeing it since April, so I hope it's entertaining.

I finished a book this weekend and started a new one. I finished Shutter Island. Leonardo DiCaprio is starring in the film adaptation. I think it comes out this fall. I liked the book, but figured out a good chunk of the story before the reveal. I'm sure I'll see the movie, just to see how it unfolds onscreen.



I am about half-way through Wintergirls. It's a young adult novel about a girl's battle with anorexia and the death of a friend. So far, it's pretty engaging.

Quick things from the weekend:

* It was so good to see everyone. I know it's only been a little over a month since I saw most at MMM's wedding, but it felt longer.

* I escaped the weekend unscathed by the sun! The same cannot be said of mosquitoes, mystery bumps and bruises. I've come to accept (and expect) these as a price of a weekend with these people. LOL

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger suzy said...

Can you please define "these people"...on second thought, nevermind.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger V said...

Haha...I think you know exactly who "these people" include.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I have one of those mystery bruises on the back of my right arm. Ouch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home