Tuesday, December 29

I leave for Steamboat Saturday afternoon, and I am not ready in any form or fashion. The only thing I know I have are my YAKTRAX. At least I know my chances of falling down on the ice/packed snow are slim. We're driving in on Sunday morning, but heading out to see RRB/Ragweed/JTNL Saturday at Azteca Music Hall. That name makes it sound like a grand venue...lol. It's actually a big hangar with a stage set up on one end and a big concrete floor. There are some chairs dispersed throughout the venue...but I'm not sure if that's only for certain shows. Anyway...it should be a great show to kickoff the week and it will keep me from feeling bad about skipping RRB's and Ragweed's shows in the Big Tent at Steamboat. I think I lasted 4 songs into RRB's set last year before bolting. I just hate. the. tent.

I just remembered another thing I've done to prepare for the trip. I've checked the weather conditions for the days we'll be driving to Denver and to Steamboat. Luckily, right now, the forecasts call for sunny skies. I drove into Denver last year in the midst of a snowstorm. It was not fun. It took ninety minutes to get from the Denver city limits to my hotel.

Downside of going to Steamboat - I am missing the Avett Bros show at the Granada on January 3rd

Other than that, I'm curious to see how this year plays out. I'll miss seeing a lot of familiar faces that for one reason or another will not be on the mountain this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home