Wednesday, April 2

How do I get myself into these things?

Rather, that should say, How do I let my dad get me into these things?

I received a call a few weeks ago from a woman regarding a committee that my dad thought I'd be interested in... I can't begin to tell you how wrong he was. Yet, here I am talking to her weeks later, saying I'll go to a meeting next week.

Ugh... The thing is, I have the time to do it, just not the inclination. So, next Wednesday I'll be sitting in a conference room with eighteen strangers
counting...
the...
seconds.
If it goes a minute past seven, I'm out of there. Wade's got a full-band acoustic set that night, that I'm not missing.

Maybe something will crop up in the coming weeks that will give me a Get Out of Jail Free card...

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What time is the Wade thing?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger V said...

Doors at 8; no pre-sale! That sucks, but do you think you'll make it? If so, I can ask Steph to hold a ticket for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home