Sunday, September 9

good weekend

Thursday night, I ventured out to the Icehouse. The rain started to pour and I didn't even end up getting out of the car.

Friday night, after looking for parking for 1/2 an hour, I found myself back at the Blue Light. We had a great night. Charlie played for about ninety minutes and then Adam Hood played a few acoustic numbers. Adam was then joined by Joel on drums (he was fantastic). The Hogg Maulies took the stage after Adam. I have to admit this is the first full show I *remember* seeing... They weren't bad, I would go see them again.

The best thing about the night was getting to see Jess, Tracy, Katie, Heather, Charlie, David, Chris, Stephanie and Megan. We had a great time during the downtime between the sets and the people watching was entertaining, to say the least.

There was a great crowd, especially considering Aaron Watson was just down the road.

I went back to the depot the next night, foregoing Charlie's show at Rocky LaRue's. Ben's band was playing at Klusoz, which I hadn't been to in at least 3 years. I had a great time, pretty much laughing the entire show. The sing-a-long during "Livin On a Prayer" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" were hilarious. I was glad to find that I still have some hearing in my right ear this morning.

Today, I didn't do much of anything. I cleaned up around the house and went to mom and dad's. I did watch the premiere of Tell Me You Love Me and the season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Curb is still one of the funniest things ever on television. Tell Me You Love Me was good, I'm just not sure I'll stay interested the full season.

I found someone willing to go see The Brothers Solomon with me! I can't wait until Tuesday...

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

V!!!! Do you watch 'Weeds'...OMG! Hi-larious! That is my new favorite. We rented both seasons from Blockbuster but we don't get Showtime so we are stuck not being able to watch the new season....

I still need to email you The Gourds story (I haven't forgotten).

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger V said...

I watched the first season religiously and then I didn't renew my subscription to Showtime when I moved. I need to get the second season from Netflix.

I was going to ask about the email...thinking maybe I'd missed it or something.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched each season in one sitting...they go pretty fast, only about 30 minutes each. You need to get caught up! I'll send the email today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home